SunSport Coaching is run by a dedicated team of sports enthusiasts and qualified expert coaches. Our UK fitness testing facility is at diagnostic equipment manufacturer Love Medical’s site in Manchester where we have a fully equipped sports science lab using the most advanced hospital grade cardio vascular and metabolic testing equipment. We are closely linked to the SunVelo cycling training camp business based in Mallorca where we also have a dedicated assessment facility at the SunVelo Viva Blue hotel base in Playa de Muro.
SunSport Coaching team
David is a former para-medic and a life-long cyclist gaining experience in a wide variety of cycling activities including road racing, time trailing, track racing and has completed several major European sportives including the Etape du Tour. He is an active club member and regularly competes in the Veterans Road Racing League.
- Association of British Cycling Coaches (ABCC) Level 3 Coach
- British Cycling (BC) Level 2 Coach
- Dip. Sports Science
- Dip. Exercise Physiology
- Certified Ride Leader
- Training peaks certified coach level 2
- Bike positional analysis and fitter
Head sports physiologist
Stuart is passionate about teaching his athletes how to train effectively towards their goals across a multitude of endurance sports, he is a keen racing cyclist regularly competing in north west region road races as well as racing outside of the UK. He specialises in Sports exercise physiology and testing.
- British cycling level 2 coach
- Gym Instructor level 2 REPS
- Personal trainer level 3 REPS
- Training Peaks Certified coach level 2
- BSC (Hons) sports and exercise science (current)
- 2009 North west road race champion
- 2010 bronze National Emergency services road race
- 2011 Bronze medal World Police and Fire Games- New York City
- 2012 Silver National Emergency services road race
- 2013 Gold medal World Police and Fire Games – Belfast
Alastair will support SunSport Coaching activities at the SunVelo cycling base in Majorca. A qualified coach and multiple Commonwealth Games medallist, former Irish Road Race and Time Trial champion and medalist in Cyclo Cross, MTB and Velodrome. Three times Northern Ireland Commonwealth Games performance director, selector and Team Manager. Alastair raced many European stage and single day classic races. He has ridden some of Europe’s most iconic sportive events including the Marmotte, Novi Colli, Majorca 312 and Tour of Flanders Sportive. Leading cycling groups for over 10 years and riding the Majorcan roads for over 20 years.
A qualified cycle coach, Graham has been racing for 25 years and competed in all disciplines on and off road. His expertise and big passion is all things off road though! He races the NW Cyclocross league in preparation for the 3 peaks, races a wide variety of MTB including short course XC up to marathon and 12 hour races! As a qualified Brisitish cycling Commissaire he is also involved in race organisation.
- ABCC cycle coach level 3
- British cycling qualified commissaire XC MTB
- 2007 National Emergency Services MTB Champion
- 2011 Bronze National Emergncy Services MTB
- 2012 National Emergency Services MTB Champion
Wout is an ambitious and passionate cyclist and coach, always looking for new innovations to improve performance and help athletes achieve their goals: from core stability to hydration and injury prevention to nutrition. He has cycled the Alps, Pyrenees, Sierra Nevada, Dolomites, Mallorca and more…..He speak 5 languages and is an accomplished ride leader.
- BSc(Hons) Sport and exerise science (current)
- Advanced Sports and Exercise Nutritional Advisor (Lvl5-Current)
- BSc international Business and Languages
Allie has 14 years health and wellness industry experience. She is now working with Sunsport to provide nutritional analysis for clients with a focus both on and off the bike. Her holistic approach stems from training in nutrition, naturopathy and musculoskeletal therapy bringing together a different angle to food, training and recovery. She is a non-competitive cyclist who enjoys club rides, the challenge of big climbs but also appreciates the training needed to get there.
- Advanced Diploma Nutrition
- Advanced Diploma Naturopathy
- Advanced Diploma Herbal Medicine
- Certificate IV Remedial Massage Therapies
- Certificate III Fitness
Marek Holowenko is a skilled physiotherapist who is chartered and state registered. His effective treatments combine an orthopaedic medicine approach with myofascial tissue analysis and mobilisation. He has worked within the fitness and rehabilitation profession for nearly 20 years, previously specialising in exercise referral and cardiac rehabilitation. As well as being a qualified sports psychologist, Marek is also a qualified advanced Pilates instructor who is currently studying towards an MSc in orthopaedic medicine.